Dr. Adnan bin Mustafa bin Ahmed Al-Bar
Full-time advisor for digital transformation in the General Secretariat of the former Cabinet
General Supervisor of Information Technology at the General Authority of Meteorology and Environment previously
Department of Information Systems, College of Computing and Information Technology
King Abdulaziz University, PO Box 80221, Jeddah 21589
ITIL Foundation Certified
CoBiT4.1 Foundation certified
TOGAF 9.2 Professional Consultant
- Date of birth: 6/17/1385 Marital status: Married
To be an academic researcher and a professional consultant in the field of technology and information systems supported by my academic knowledge and scientific research. Polished by professional and continuous professional training in the field of strategic management of information centers and systems, Supported by practical experiences in the field of consulting with government agencies, agencies and the private sector.
1999 – 2004University of Sussex, Brighton, United kingdom
- PhD thesis“Building a model framework for applications adapted to the characteristics of mobile computing”
1995 – 1997 George Washington University, United States of America.
- Master in Software Engineering, December 1997.
1987 – 1990 King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- April 2019 Present General Supervisor of Information Technology at Batterjee Medical College of Science and Technology(CIO)
- February 2018 – Present General Supervisor of Beta Academy
- Supervising and managing the Technical and Administrative Academy
- Establishing global partnerships in the field of vocational training with respected global entities in the field of cybersecurity and digital marketing
- Establish professional diplomas and short courses in the field of hotel, tourism, insurance and technical entrepreneurship
- Organizing and holding the first summer camp for cyber security in July 2018 at the Academy
- Opening a path in the field of filmmaking, audio engineering and creative digital design with reputable international actors in its field
- July 2017 – December2017 Full-time advisor for digital transformation in the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers
- Prepare a visualization of the digital transformation of the General Secretariat
- Preparing a roadmap for the digital transformation of the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers
- Participate in workshops on the digital transformation of the Council
- Preparing projects for digital transformation
- Contribute to preparing human cadres with the work team
- December 2016 – now Co-professor, Department of Information Systems, College of Computing and Information Technology, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah,
- August 2015 – March 1, 2017 General Supervisor of Information Technology, Presidency of Meteorology and Environment, Jeddah, The tasks I assumed were:
- Setting strategies and goals for the General Department of Information Technology in line with work requirements
- Increasing the added value of technology services in favor of the business
- Setting a digital transformation plan for the authority
- Developing executive plans for the digital transformation projects
- Defining technical projects and setting their priorities according to the work need
- Follow up projects and verify the quality of their outputs
- Attracting competency to work in the General Department of Information Technology
- Contribute to creative technical solutions of value to business
- April 2014 – September 2014 Chairman of the committee in charge of evaluating private colleges for computer specialties and information technology in Makkah Al-Mukarramah region, mandated by the Ministry of Higher Education (previously)
- December 2010 – August 2013 Part-time Adviser to the Geological Survey Authority in the field of Information Technology
- December 2008 – now Founder and Head of Business Solutions Systems Consulting Office, Registered within the Houses of Expertise, Business and knowledge system, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah,
Tasks and experiences at King Abdulaziz University
- July 2009 – February 2013 General Supervisor of Electronic Administration based on the decision of the university president No. 12096 / s and the date of 7/27/1430 AH, for two years.
- Member of the Supreme Committee of the Electronic University chairedby His Excellency the President of the University and based on the decision of His Excellency the Director for a period of two years.
- Member of the Committee to follow up the implementation of the second strategic plan of the university, headed by His Excellency the Rector of the University and based on the decision of His Excellency the Director.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Center for Strategic Studiesbased on the decision of His Excellency the President of the University.
- Member of the Supreme Committee to prepare the university’s institutional self-study to obtain institutional accreditation based on the decision of the University’s President.
- Head of the Student Services Assessment Center Committee in the university’s institutional self-study to obtain institutional accreditation
- Chairman of the Technical Presentation Committee for the Electronic Management Project (ERP), by virtue of the decision of His Excellency the Vice President, No.
- Vice-Chairman of the Committee for Mechanization of Financial and Administrative Affairs by the decision of His Excellency the Rector No. 863 / s and the date of 20/1/1431 AH
- Chairman of the University’s Electronic Transactions Committee, under the decision of His Excellency the University’s President No. 911 / Q dated 23/1/1431 AH
- Supervisor of the university resource management systems project (ERP)
- Preparing the university’s readiness study for adopting ERP systems for enterprise resource management (ERP Readiness Report), which included 3 main axes, the axis of assessing the IT infrastructure, The second axis is to evaluate the documentary work cycle at the university at the level of the following departments (Personnel Affairs, Contracts and purchases, Planning and budget, stores management, Inventory control, financial management), The third is to assess the readiness of public administration employees to adopt such a project.
- Preparing the requirements document (RFP) for the ERP system to be presented in a public competition
- Preparing the technical study of companies’ offers to implement the system
- November 2007 – November 2009 The first undersecretary of the Deanship of Student AffairsforDevelopment by virtue of the decision of His Excellency the President of the University No. 13318 / s and dated 4/11/1428 for a period of two years.
- September 2005 – 2016 Assistant Professor, College of Computing and Information Technology, King Abdulaziz University.
- The subjects you have taught
- Computer Skills Course CPIT100 for distance education students
- Computer Course 201 “Introduction to Computer Science”
- مادة حاسب 453 “نظم المعلومات الادارية”
- Article Selected Topics Computer 483 “Information Security”
- CPIS 603 Information Systems Course “Organizational Modeling” CPIS 603 Information Systems Article “Institutional Modeling”, M.A.
- September 2006 – November 2007 Head of Information Systems Department, College of Computing and Information Technology, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah
- September 2005 – October 2007 The first head of the Department of Information Systems by the decision of the President of the University No. 14976 / s and dated 7/10/1427
- Secretary of the Department of Computer Science Department, College of Science
- Member of the Advisory Committee, College of Computing and Information Technology
- Member of the College of Computing and Information Technology Council
- Supervising the team that conducted the final review of the college’s academic plans
- Do personal interviews for faculty members of the contractors
- Preparing technical and technical specifications for the specialized laboratories in the college
- March 2007 – To February 2009, Supervisor of the College’s Development Department
- Completion of the total quality project in the college by qualifying all departments at the level of the two parts to obtain the ISO9001: 2008 quality certificate obtained by the college in 2008
- Member of the Committee of Development Agents headed by the Vice President for Development under the decision of His Excellency the University President No. 4800 / s and dated 27/4/1429
- Chairman of the Committee to Activate Student Activity by Decision of the Dean of Student Affairs No. 14696 / D dated 13/2/1430
- Member of the supervisory and organizational committee of the University Star Competition by decision of the Dean of Student Affairs No. 3686 / D dated 12/1/1429 and for a period of two years
- Deputy head of the work teamin charge of achieving the procedures of a comprehensive quality management system at the Deanship of Student Affairs, Dean’s Resolution No. 22879 / D dated 3/3/1429
- Member of the committeestudying the establishment of a media center in the Deanship of Student Affairs by the decision of the Dean of Student Affairs No. 49714 / D dated 26/5/1429
- Member of the supervisory and organizational committee for preparing and organizing the major competition (the fruits of minds) in the decision of the Dean of Student Affairs No. 80620 / D and the date of 11/25/1428 for a period of two years
- Member of the permanent committee for housing rehabilitation and furnishing it by the decision of the Dean of Student Affairs No. 3231 / D dated 11/1/1429
- Vice-Chairman of the Standing Committee to follow up the project of laptop computers and set the appropriate specifications and mechanisms for the project by the decision of the Dean of Student Affairs No. 1723 / D dated 6/1/1429.
- Member of the jury of the competition for scientific innovation,cultural research, social research and computer, according to the decision of the Dean of Student Affairs No. 80614 / D / 1 and dated 28/12/1428 for a period of two years.
- Vice-Chairman of the Standing Committeeto open the offers envelopes submitted by the institutions to secure notables for the Deanship by the Dean of Student Affairs No. 3200 / D dated 9/1/1430
- Chairman of the Committee for Hindering Administrative Procedures and Operations at the Deanship, by the Dean of Student Affairs No. 96590 / D dated 11/19/1429
- Member of the general supervisory committee for the seventh cultural and scientific week for higher education institutions in the countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council by the Dean of Student Affairs No. 97895 / D and the date of 11/21/1429
October 2006 – July 2008 Part-time Professor, Arab Open University, Jeddah
- Teaching the course “software systems and how to develop them”
- E-learning application, using appropriate techniques, including working on the Moodle system http://arabcampus.arabou.org.sa/fall07/login/index.php
- Chief Supervisor, Master Thesis entitled ” Evaluation of acceptance of e-government services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: Aseer region as a case study “، Department of Information Systems, Computing and Information Technology College, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah,
- Chief Supervisor, Master thesis entitled “Exploring Saudi citizens‘ acceptance of e-government services on smart devices“, Department of Information Systems, College of Computing and Information Technology, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah,
- Co-supervisor, Master Thesis entitled “An Empirical Study of Critical Success Factors“ for ERP Software Systems Implementations in Saudi Arabia, Department of Computer Science, College of Computing and Information Technology, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah,
- Chief Supervisor, Master’s message, entitled “Building Information Architecture for King Abdulaziz University”, Computer Science Department, College of Computing and Information Technology, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah,
- Co-supervisor, Master’s message, entitled “Online Supervision System in an Learning Environment”, Computer Science Department, College of Computing and Information Technology, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah,
Co-supervisor, Master’s , entitled “Using Exploration Techniques to Improve E-Learning”, Computer Science Department, College of Computing and Information Technology, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah,
- Chief researcher, “Project to develop frameworks for the talented curriculum in the Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaAmong other projects of the Ministry of Education, the project won after its judging by the competent authorities.
- Principal investigator, A science chair project entitled “E-government – frameworks, policies, applications and methods of protection“The Chair aims to carry out academic, field, and exploratory studies and research in the field of e-government with a view to determining the most appropriate way to build the appropriate frameworks and models from the technical, procedural and executive aspects and based on global best practices taking into account local visions and policies and the application environment available in the Kingdom and what is appropriate With the reality of Saudi society. He was accepted by the Research and Studies Institute. King Abdulaziz University No. 113, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Principal investigator, A science chair project entitled “Engineering the IT Service Centers”, The goal of the Chair at the strategic level is to align the services provided by the organization’s technology centers with the organization’s strategic goals in order to achieve the largest possible return on investment in technology infrastructure, which is usually cost-effective and is what is called best practices for the management of technical services (ITIL ITIL) and Which has become an important pivotal topic in major institutions. As for the executive level, the chair aims to raise the level of quality by emphasizing the application of standardized methods adopted (CMMI) in the management of software projects and businesses in technical centers in order to achieve the highest efficiency and least cost with speed in implementation and quality of performance, which helps the institution to achieve its strategic goals . Presenter of the Research and Consulting Institute, King Abdulaziz University No. 134, Jeddah,
- Chief researcher, Research project “The flow of labor regulations and procedures to support e-government applications in higher education institutions”, Filed within the projects of the National Plan for Strategic Technologies in King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology. The result of the research evaluation was that it did not accept the support this time.
- Principal investigator, Research project “Discovering water leakage in the public network using artificial intelligence methods“, Presented to King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology with “AT-28-156” number, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Full-time advisor for digital transformation in the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers
Member of the team of the Yusr Program for e-government transactions to evaluate the outputs of the first strategic plan 2006-2010
Member of the team facilitated the e-government transactions program to prepare the second plan for electronic transactions for the years 2010-2015
- Member of the third and fourth measurement team to assess the transformation of government agencies for electronic transactions.
December 2010 – 2013
Part-time advisor to the Saudi Geological Survey in the e-government with the approval of His Excellency the Minister of Higher Education.
- December 2010 – 2013 part-time advisor to the Saudi Geological Survey in the e-government with the approval of His Excellency the Minister of Higher Education.
December 2008 Head of the Office of the Experience House, “The Consultative Office for Electronic Government Systems and Applications”, Business and Knowledge System, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah
2006 – present, Saber Al-Khaleej Office, Business and Education Consultants, Jeddah.
- Consultant in the field of technology, software systems and ERP planning systems
- Participate in preparing an economic feasibility study to establish a private college for computers and technology in Jeddah Governorate, an associate member of the team.
- Participate in setting policies to provide technical services in support of the information center in the Municipality of Jeddah.
- EG CEGIT IT Governance Course for Large and Medium Enterprises, Dubai, for a period of 4 days, 2-6 / 5/2011
- Co CoBiT4.1 course to monitor the performance and effectiveness of IT services, SMME International Center in Dubai, for two days with the course certification test. 2-3 / 7/2010
- G TOGAF 9 Course, Enterprise Technology Architecture, SMME International Center Dubai, 4 day course certification course, 4-7 / 7/2010
- Active Personal Leadership “course, American LMI Center, Dr. Ibrahim Al-Bedawi, 7 days, Jeddah, December 2010.
- Active Motivational Leadership “course, American LMI Center, Dr. Omar Andajani, for a period of 7 days, Jeddah, September 2010.
- Active Strategic Leadership “course, American LMI Center, presented by Dr. Mazen Abdel Razzaq Balela, for a period of 5 days, Jeddah
- “Effective Personal Productivity” course, American LMI Center, 7 weeks, Dr. Mazen Abdel Razzaq Balila, Jeddah.
- “Effective Self-Management” course, Center for University Education Development, for one day, King Abdulaziz University.
- KPI Performance Indicators Course, Total Quality Program, University Development Agency, King Abdulaziz University, March 15, 2008
- “Strategic Planning” course, University Education Development Center, Dr. Siraj Abed, for two days, King Abdulaziz University.
- “Building Teams” course, University Education Development Center, Dr. Saad Al-Masoudi, for one day, King Abdulaziz University.
- “Evaluation of Institutional and Academic Accreditation Methods” course, one day, academic evaluation unit.
- “Thinking-Based Education” course, for a period of 4 days, University Development Agency, King Abdulaziz University.
- Five-day “ITIL Management Services” course, London, UK, British Computing Soceity, 2005.
- Hat Redhat Linux Operating System Management Course, London, UK, 2005.
Authorship and writing
- Translating Distributed Systems Concepts & Design book. To the Arabic language and the book is located in 1024 pages and is considered a global reference on its subject. And translation in partnership with two other colleagues from the College of Computing and Information Technology
- Participate in writing a book entitled “System Analysis & Design” in the English language in partnership with a colleague at the Faculty of Computing and Information Technology
- The book “Data Structures Using the Java Language” has not been printed yet
- “The Basics of Cyber Security” will be published and published by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Foundation in Dubai.
- “Blockchain Technology: Concepts, Technologies and Applications” is under final review
- The book “Big Data Technologies and Applications” is under final review, in preparation for printing it.
- Pocket Book series in cloud computing and falls into five parts (basic concepts in cloud computing, cloud computing strategy, infrastructure as a service in cloud computing, platforms as a service in cloud computing, programs as a service in cloud computing)
LECTURES & PRESENTATIONS
- IEEE Online Lecture on Open Source Systems
- A lecture on “Career Planning Journey and Professional Certificates” sponsored by the IEEE Institute of Electrical and Electronics
- Engineers, Western Region Branch
- The ITIL Foundation course for a period of 4 days in Jeddah, for a group of trainees from the private sector.
- “Building the EnterPrise Architecture Information Technology Structure”, a public lecture, at the invitation of the International Information
- Systems Auditing Association (ISACA) – Jeddah office, 2/2/2011.
- “Applications of Resource Management Systems and Planning in the Government Sector: Road Map”, SAP System Applications Workshop in Higher Education Institutions, Riyadh 4/10/2011.
- “Our Sons and Technology”, a public lecture, sponsored by the Office of the Nobles for Consulting and Training, Jeddah Chamber of Commerce, 10/22/2011.
CONFERENCES & WORKSHOP
- International conference on computer networks and mobile computing ICCNMC, Shanghia China 20-23rd October 2003.
- IEEE International Workshop on Smart Appliances and Wearable Computing, Phoenix, AZ US, April 2001.
- The first conference for Information Technology and National Security, General Intelligence Presidency, Riyadh 22-25 / 11/1428.
- GITEX Dubai Information and Communication Technology Conference
- Membership of the American Computer Association ACM since 2006
- Senior member of the American Institute of Engineers and Electronics IEEE since 2006
- Membership of the Saudi Computer Society
Professional writing, self-development and capacity building, continuous education and learning, career development for fresh graduates
Dr Abdullah Mohrji
Professor, Vice President, King AbdulAziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Abdullah Alharbi
Professor, Faculty of Science, Statistics Dept., Head of the Scientic council, King AbdulAziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Email: email@example.com .
Dr Ian Wakeman
Senior lecturer, School of Informatics, University of Sussex, UK. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . My PhD supervisor.